- Follow Krazy Kruesi on WordPress.com
I’m a 30 something living in the metropolis of Burlington, Vermont. Grew up on edge of the Adirondack’s and set packing for six years to the beauty of Montana after high school, to care-free NYC for a couple of years (yeah I didn’t last long – I’m not a lifer) and now in Vermont and settling some roots down.
I’m just starting to hike the ADK High Peaks again and want to document that journey. Will I make it to hitting all 46 of them. Not sure. I’ll probably also post on other things. We’ll see how it goes.
- “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” 12/31/2017
- Whiteface: A 46er at Last! 08/08/2016
- The Runner-Up: Allen Mountain 07/24/2016
- To Cliff and Redfield with love 07/21/2016
- The best laid plans 06/25/2016
- Sky’s the Limit: Gray and Skylight 06/15/2016
- Santa’s Gifts Galore: Santanoni Peak 10/07/2015
- Wrapping up the Seward Range: Seymour Mountain 09/20/2015
- Mount Haystack is Heavenly 09/15/2015
- Sky is the Limit: Wright, Algonquin, Boundary & Iroquois 08/21/2015
- Marcy is Number One 07/22/2015
- Dix Range is Done: Hough Peak, South Dix and Grace 07/12/2015
- Into the Wilderness: Donaldson, Emmons and Seward 07/05/2015
- Basin and Saddleback: Peak Perfection 07/02/2015
- Mud, Swamps, Bogs and Rain: Panther Peak and Couchsachraga 06/30/2015
- Adirondack High Peaks
- Adirondack Mountain Club
- Adirondack Mountains
- ADK Loj
- Ausable Club
- best friends
- Dix Range
- Giant Mountain
- Great Range
- herd path
- Keene New York
- keene valley
- Lake Champlain
- Lake Placid
- New York
- Roaring Brook
- Rocky Peak Ridge
Tag Archives: Whiteface
Whiteface: A 46er at Last!
It’s official. I’m a ADK46er! Woohoo. Ok, not quite official, I have some paperwork to fill out but I’ve completed the hikes so can wear my ADK46 gear with pride. It took me 2 years, 11 months and 1 day, … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Adirondack High Peaks, Adirondack Mountains, ADK46, Connery Pond, Couchsachraga, Esther, Family, final, Hiking, Iron Man, Lake Placid, Summit, Trail, Whiteface, Whiteface Brook champagne, Whiteface Landing, Wilmington Trail Comments Off on Whiteface: A 46er at Last!
The Runner-Up: Allen Mountain
I’ve been putting Allen off, so much so, that it is my 45th climb. Nothing like saving it for the near end. But with so much history for my family Whiteface was destined to be my final peak. I’ve heard … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Adirondack High Peaks, Adirondack Mountains, ADK46, Allen, Allen Brook, Cliff, Hanging Spear Falls, herd path, Hiking, Hudson River, Lake Jimmy, Lake Sally, Opalescent River, red-slime, Redfield, Skylight Brook, Summit, Trail, trail-less, upperworks, Whiteface Comments Off on The Runner-Up: Allen Mountain
Cascade and Porter. Done and Done.
Two down. Only 44 to go. How to approach hiking the ADK46 Well, for me I luckily have some vague memories of hiking many of them. So I’m starting with those – or at least for the time being. And … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Adirondack High Peaks, Adirondack Mountain Club, Adirondack Mountains, ADK46, Cascade, Hiking, Lake Placid, Porter, Whiteface Comments Off on Cascade and Porter. Done and Done.